Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why I love the classic trench

Why do I love the classic trench coat you may ask?

  1. 1. It flatters every figure: Anyone can wear this style because it is structured and the seams give the illusion of an hourglass figure no matter your shape. It works for both apple shaped women and all of us pear shaped girls too.
  2. 2. You can dress it up or down: Like so many of my favorite styles you can wear your favorite trench running errands, to a business meeting or over your favorite cocktail dress. I am all about pieces that can be flexible for a busy life.
  3. 3. You can wear it in the rain: Trench coats are usually waterproof or water resistant. The spring season is notorious for unpredictable weather and if you are like me you always get caught with no umbrella. Some how my newest trench has already left me looking chic rather then water logged more then a few times.
  4. 4. It’s timeless: Sometimes it’s fun to dress in the of the moment trend but many times it isn’t. I spent some time this morning chuckling with family members over mall shots from 1990. I saw punk, grunge, big hair and belly shirts but not one trench!

No comments:

Post a Comment