Monday, December 5, 2011
Wrap your way to warmth with these one size fits all styles. Solids are great but for a little more adventure try our classic houndstooth or Persian print! (both reversible)
Just $45 in store and online
Drape yourself in luxurious knits. Long open cardigans in chunky knits are in store now from designers like Eileen Fisher and Glenmont Designs.
Sweater $268 & $278
Jessica Simpson in a beige cape, Kim Kardashian in Houndstooth and blanket sweater from ADAM's fall ready to wear show.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
* Long necklaces add interest to basic styles that can fall flat without the right accessory.
* This trend slenderizes and elongates your figure. The long proportion of your necklaces creates a strong vertical line.
* You can customize your look by pairing chunky colorful styles with more basic metallics like Sarah Jessica or go more streamlined by sticking with different textures in a solid gold or silver like Jennifer Aniston.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
(Reece Witherspoon, Julianne Moore & Katie Holmes wearing this new style)
Boxy tops are gaining popularity quickly this fall, and it's easy to see why. First off, the cut is loose but not bulky, so they're great looks for both petite and apple figures.
(Styles from Karen Kane available now at Fresh Ayer)
They come in a variety of sleeve lengths, patterns and materials, so it's easy to find one that suits you the best. For this fall, a heavier knit is a great alternative to bulky sweaters or jackets. They're loose on top so its best when you wear it with a more fitted bottom. It'll give you a great shape and will make the looser fit look more natural. Even better, they're extremely versatile!
They can be great layering pieces, and they're easy to accessorize. Off-the-shoulder box tops can be layered with a tank to add texture or a pop of color to your look, or try a triangle scarf at the neckline for some extra flair!
Friday, September 30, 2011
This is how you can wear it:
Step One: Lay the scarf across your chest, with the thickest part of the scarf pointing down in the center. Let the two ends drape across your shoulders and down your back.
Step Two: Reach back and grab each end of the scarf in your alternate hand. Pull both ends so they cross over the back of your neck.
Step Three: Drape both ends over the front of your shoulders and let them hang down on either sides of the scarf's center.
Voilà! You now have a chic, textured look!
Don't think this is the only option for your triangle scarf! One of the best parts about this piece is that you can have fun and experiment with different options. Try wearing it to the side, or tying the ends instead of wrapping them. It's a flexible piece, and how you want to wear it is completely up to you!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Styles: So far two of the four styles for spring/ summer 2011 have arrived,
The Tulip Top: This design was inspired by the tulip flower with its overlapping petals. The layered short sleeve is stylish and flirty while still offering a little coverage. The two-piece petal design in the back acts as a natural vent, breathing cool air over your back. Don't worry, it is stitched down in key places so that it won’t blow open. The fit through the front is loose and flowing. This style grabs you coming and going!
The Peasant Blouse: Our take on this traditional style offers a loose flowing sleeve that looks and feels relaxed. You can tie the front strands together or leave them open for a more relaxed look. The beads are pressed metal. The gathering just under the hips gives you a fullness around the tummy while maintaining a feminine shape.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- Gathering/ Shirring – this detail adds texture to the suit with out bulk and is more forgiving then a thin layer of spandex.
- A great bust-line – What is great for you may vary depending on the size of your chest but a v-neck or sweetheart neckline flatters most figures!
- Well placed panels or color blocking – details that emphasize the waist are particularly good.
- The perfect cover-up – weather it is a sarong or tunic it is important for your cover-up to compliment the color and style of your suit. Shapeless muumuus over a cute bathing suit are not a good look.
- Drama – Have some fun for god’s sake. Weather your are swimming laps at your local sports club or lounging on a yacht in St. Berths you should feel like you have some style in your suit.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
- 1. It flatters every figure: Anyone can wear this style because it is structured and the seams give the illusion of an hourglass figure no matter your shape. It works for both apple shaped women and all of us pear shaped girls too.
- 2. You can dress it up or down: Like so many of my favorite styles you can wear your favorite trench running errands, to a business meeting or over your favorite cocktail dress. I am all about pieces that can be flexible for a busy life.
- 3. You can wear it in the rain: Trench coats are usually waterproof or water resistant. The spring season is notorious for unpredictable weather and if you are like me you always get caught with no umbrella. Some how my newest trench has already left me looking chic rather then water logged more then a few times.
- 4. It’s timeless: Sometimes it’s fun to dress in the of the moment trend but many times it isn’t. I spent some time this morning chuckling with family members over mall shots from 1990. I saw punk, grunge, big hair and belly shirts but not one trench!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Sundresses are the perfect way to celebrate both color and your figure. This dress by April Cornell is arriving in less then a week and belts at the waist for the perfect hourglass figure. Curvy celebrities like America Ferrara often choose styles like this one to play up their feminine curves.
(Left: America Ferrara, Right: April Cornell Sundress coming soon to Fresh Ayer)
Mixed metal and brushed mettalics are a great way to finish off your look. Like most of my favorite styles you can dress these pieces up or down and when you purchase in a mixed metal combination you won’t have to worry about matching the rest of your accessories. (Shown: Nakamol necklace and earrings available at Kat Bradley)
Colorful-cuff shirts can make any woman look effortlessly put together. We all love a basic button down shirt . Tailoring is important to enhance any figure. These styles can be worn to work or over jeans. Designers such as Thomas Pink, Ralph Lauren and Paul Smith have successfully done this over the past decade and now Fresh Ayer brings you our own take. It's our not so basic button down shirt. (Left: Paul Smith Shirt, Right Colorful Cuff Shirt by Fresh Ayer with more colors to come)
Romantic rings are a must have and feel free to wear them on an unexpected finger. I favor my index finger. These rings feature an adjustable band so they are sure to fit.
Tunics aren’t just for the beach! Tunics have been popular for the past few seasons but there is a particularly fabulous selection this spring. Here is another versatile piece. Wear them on vacation over shorts, out to dinner over jeans or just about anywhere over leggings. Tunics are a signature for designers such as Tory Burch and fresh off the runway from Emilio Pucci. Fresh Ayer will have more then one designer to choose from including embellished pieces by Anna Scholz, Silk Threads or lightweight cottons by April Cornell. (Shown: Embellished tunic by Silk Threads in a wave print, cotton tunic by April Cornell and Hilary Swank wearing Tory Burch)